TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs

Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

My 9 yr old cooked dinner tonight

Tonight my 9 yr old daughter decided she was going to do dinner for me and her brother tonight. The plan was for spaghetti Bolognese. We had no jars of sauce left so she had to make the sauce from scratch.
She chopped the onions, put mushrooms in even though she doesn't like them. Cooked the onion off then added the meat. Used tin of chopped tomato's, tomato puree and various herbs. These were single herbs that she added to the correct taste. She cooked the pasta perfectly.

Wish I'd taken a picture of my plate- she'd even put the pasta in a circle and the sauce in the middle.
I have an amazing daughter, she knew i was hurting from all the walking to activities due to no car. She did a gorgeous dish and I'm very proud of her.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, can I borrow your daughter please?! We're having spag bol tonight but mine's from a jar of Dolmio.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If i could get her to you in time i'm sure she'd have loved to have cooked for you all lol.

      Delete